From the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to the Clyfford Still Museum, Denver has a ton of incredible museums to explore. Whether you enjoy science, art, history, or just about any other topic, you can find fascinating museum exhibits that both educate and inspire. If you are planning on visiting one of Denver’s museums, try using the following five tips to get the most out of your visit:
1. Consider purchasing your ticket online. Depending on the museum that you are planning on visiting, you may be able to buy your ticket online ahead of time. This can be a good option if you are planning on going to the museum on a weekend or during another part of the week when it may be crowded. Instead of having to waste your time standing in line, you can start checking out the exhibits right away.
2. Plan your visit during one of the slower times. If your schedule is at all flexible, try to visit the museum during a time when it is unlikely to be busy. For instance, visiting on a weekday when everyone else is at work is usually a good option. Weekends tend to be the busiest. Try to avoid them if at all possible.
3. Check out the event calendar ahead of time. Most museums post information about upcoming events and current exhibits on their websites. You can use this information to help plan your visit. Figure out which exhibits you want to see and which events you want to attend. That way, you can be sure that you don’t miss anything during your trip.
4. Put away your cell phone. As tempting as it might be, don’t keep your phone out while you tour the museum. Even if the museum allows you to take photos of the displays, you should keep your phone tucked away to eliminate distractions. Instead, focus your attention on the exhibits in front of you, really taking them in and appreciating them.
5. Dress appropriately. Most museums have hard concrete or stone floors. Plan accordingly by wearing comfortable, supportive shoes. Otherwise, you may wind up with sore, tired feet before the day is over. After all, most museum visits involve a lot of walking.
The next time you visit one of Denver’s museums, try putting these tips to use. You are far more likely to have a great time when you plan ahead and prepare.